Joliet Herald News, "Ask A Lawyer"
By Mike Block:
- The Republicans now control the Senate and House of Representatives in Washington, and the Presidency, and the Democrats now control the Illinois Governors' office and the Senate and the House. Will this have an effect on injury claims in the future?
- How often do you really see frivolous lawsuits?
- What is the truth about medical malpractice reform?
- What do I do if I am injured on the job?
- What is the difference between a Workers’ Compensation case and a Personal Injury Case?
By Liz Klukas:
- What is the medical payment portion of my auto insurance policy?
- Why is it that the money my case settles for is not the money I receive?
- Why is it when I talk to my lawyer I sometimes think she’s talking in a foreign language?
- If I have been in an auto accident should I talk to the Insurance Company?
- What is my role in my personal injury lawsuit?
- How quickly after an accident should I call my lawyer?
- Why can’t my lawyer tell me how long it will take to either settle my case or get it to Trial?
- Why do I need a lawyer just because I was in an auto accident?
- Is it true that I only have two years in order to file a claim for injuries I received because of an auto accident?
- I’ve been injured in an auto accident, what should I do?
Seminars, Publications & Presentations
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, "Courtroom Warriors: Their Weapons and Weaknesses", Civil Practice Update and Review Seminar, February 1991. Rule 220; FRCP26(b)(4) by Michael D. Block
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, "The Evidence and Hearsay Seminar", Civil Practice Update and Review Seminar, April, 1991 by Michael D. Block
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, "Shotgun Seminar", Civil Practice Update and Review Seminar, February 1994. Handling Technical Evidence by Michael D. Block
- Will County Bar Association, Civil Litigation Committee Seminar, April 1994. Voir Dire by Michael D. Block
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, "It’s A Whole New World", Civil Practice Update and Review Seminar, September 7, 1996. Evidence. By Michael D. Block
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, "You’re on Trial", Shotgun Seminar, May 3, 1997. Admissions by Michael D. Block
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, General Tort Litigation – Medical Issues Seminar, February 5, 2000, Use of PET Scans in Traumatic Brain Injuries. By Michael D. Block
- Construction Site Accident Litigation, Construction Experts – "Maximizing Their Use, National College of Advocacy", Montreal, Canada, July 15, 2001. By Michael D. Block
- How to Use Discovery to your Advantage by Elizabeth A. Klukas
- Introduction to Illinois Workers' Compensation – When is a claim compensable?, by Michael D. Block
- Rule 213 Update and Proposed Amendment – 2002 by Elizabeth A. Klukas
- Liens and Taxable Costs by Elizabeth A. Klukas and Thomas J. Manzella, March 2005
- Workers' Compensation by Michael D. Block, October 2006
- Medicare by Elizabeth A. Klukas, October 2006
- Medicare – Revisited by Elizabeth A. Klukas, May 2008
ATLA Presentations by Michael D. Block
- Pesticides in the Home – San Francisco, 1999
- Litigating Workplace Issues – Chicago, 1995
- Pesticide Litigation (Moderator & Panelist) – Chicago, 1994
- Environmental and Toxic Torts, Developing Theories of Damages, Dallas TX, June 1993
- Identifying & Using Experts in Construction Cases. Washington, July 1992
- "Chlordane/Heptachlor, and Some Immune Consequences of Chlordane Exposure", Products Liability, Commentary and Cases, Callaghan & Co., November/December, 1986 by Michael D. Block
- "Identifying and Using experts in Construction Cases", ATLA Trial Evidence and Hearsay Seminar, Special Admissibility Topics, 1991 by Michael D. Block
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.
© 2012 by Block, Klukas & Manzella. All rights reserved. You may reproduce materials available at this site for your own personal use and for non-commercial distribution. All copies must include this copyright statement.